Instructors and Staff
Admission, Registration, and fees
Due to the evolving nature of this project, the Society decided that the initial scope will be as following:
Instructions will be exclusively in English at the present time. The use of non-English references, other than Coptic, will be on an optional basis only
- Courses will be at University, Upper Division level
- Courses will be a quarter-long in duration, offered over a three-quarter system per year, three units each.
- Subject matter will primarily include all aspects of the Coptic Heritage as outlined in previous Society publications. At the present time, the special fields of Gnosticism and Manichaeism will be excluded.
- Courses will be entirely conducted either interactively on-line or through electronic media.
- Courses will be offered individually and as part of a special certificate program. Prerequisites may be required to enroll in some of the courses.
- Certificate program shall be awarded after the successful completion of a total of nine courses, selected from a combination of required and elective courses. In addition, the student will be required to complete a quarter-long research project under the supervision of one of the instructors at SSEICS.
Last Modified: 11/12/2008 by Hany N. Takla